India is a land of festivals and fairs. In India so many communities belonging to different religion live here. So many fairs and festivals are celebrated frequently every year. Some are based on religious and some are based on seasons. These are some major festivals across the Indus valley civilization.
1. Diwali: Diwali is a biggest festival in India; it is a five day festival that represents the start of Hindu New Year. Diwali known as the festival of lights, it’s all about laxmi pooja, fireworks, candles. Shows victory of good over evil and brightness over darkness.
2. Holi: In India next biggest festival is holi, festival of color. It is also celebrate victory over evil as well as the profusion of the helix harvest season. On this day people throw color powder and water all over each other.
3. Ganesh Chaturthi: Ganesh chaturthi is the biggest festival all over the place in India but especially in Maharashtra they celebrate this festival with great joy. It is a seven or five three day day’s festival. Birth day of Lord Ganesha, statutes of Ganesha install in home as well as in pandal.
4. Navaratri, Dussehra: It is also celebrate victory over evil. Starting nine days festival known as Navaratri, are filled dance in the honor of mother goddess, and the last of navaratri is known as dussehra, Defeat of demon king Ravan by Ram.
5. Krishna Janmashtami: Kirshna also known as Govinda, janmashtami means birth of Krishna. This festival celebrate all over the India, in Mathura it’s celebration is awesome Krishna birth place, on this day people climb on each other to break open clay pots which is filled with curd.
6. Raksha Bandhan: This festival also known as Rakhi in India, celebrates all over the India. A festival, celebrates relation the love and duty between brother and sisters. This festival are celebrates by many communities.
7. Makar Sankranti: Makar sankranti is a festival celebrates all over the India. Maker sankranti also known as pongl in tamil nadu, Karnataka in maharastra it’s known as gudipadwa. On this day many people fly kites and eat sweets which is made by til.